The best way to ensure your loved ones and property will be taken care of after you pass away is to create a last will and testament. However, you need to make your will correctly so that Nevada courts honor your wishes. While many people might try to make out a will in Las Vegas with the help of computer software, estate planning laws can complicate matters. To ensure your will protects all of your interests, work with a qualified attorney.
Can’t I Write My Will Myself?
Technically, Nevada law does not require you to use a lawyer’s services when creating a will. You can find computer software and online services that give you a template and guide you through the steps of writing a will yourself. As long as you sign your DIY will in the presence of two non-family witnesses, it is legal.
This method appeals to many people who want something quick and easy. If their will seems fairly straightforward, they may feel that they don’t need to spend time and money on professional advice. However, there are a lot of things in an estate that people take for granted. For instance, who inherits your cryptocurrency, and what will happen to your beloved pet? If you don’t use professional help, you could make a costly mistake that leaves your family or property unprotected.
How Can A Lawyer Help Me Make Out A Will In Las Vegas?
There is no substitute for sound legal advice when you do something as important as making out a will in Las Vegas. Your lawyer has done this many times before and understands all the ins and outs of estate planning. Their experience can benefit you in many different ways:
- Your lawyer can tell you everything your will should cover, from assigning inheritances to designating guardianship of minor children. They won’t let you overlook any critical details.
- A lawyer knows the latest laws. Computer software and internet templates may not be up-to-date, so a DIY might make things harder for your beneficiaries. Your lawyer will ensure that your will follows the law now and in the future.
- Estate planning covers several different types of law. An estate planning and probate lawyer can advise you on how to fulfill your wishes within these laws to ensure you and your loved ones benefit. They can answer life insurance questions, address inheritance issues, help reduce your beneficiaries’ tax burdens, and much more.
- If you have complex family dynamics, a lawyer can help write a water-tight will to name your beneficiaries. Otherwise, the state may choose how to distribute your assets–and they may not go where you want. You’ll also want a lawyer involved if you believe your will might be contested in court later.
- A will does more than make plans for after you pass. You can also use it to grant power of attorney to someone you trust in case you become too incapacitated to make vital decisions yourself. An attorney can advise you on how to legally name this person and protect yourself at a vulnerable time.
Enjoy Greater Peace Of Mind When You Write Your Will With The Attorneys At Williams Starbuck
Work with the attorneys at Williams Starbuck when you’re ready to make out your will in Las Vegas. We work closely with you to protect you, your assets, and your loved ones. To learn more, call us at 1-720-660-9847 or send us a message for a free consultation.