Writing a last will and testament is a vital part of estate planning. Your will lets you dictate who will benefit from your assets when you die instead of leaving it to the probate court to decide. Even if you think handling your estate will be straightforward, you might be surprised to find there are things you hadn’t considered. The experienced attorneys at Williams Starbuck are experts at drafting wills in Las Vegas. We’ll guide you through the process, answer all your questions, and ensure all of your assets and loved ones are taken care of the way you want.
What Wills in Las Vegas Can Do
Technically, no one needs a will. But if you die intestate–that is, without a will–the law decides who inherits your property and who becomes guardian to your minor children. After so many years of building your wealth and caring for your family, the last thing you want to do is leave everything in someone else’s hands.
Working with Williams Starbuck, we can protect your loved ones and estate with a legally sound will. Together, we can create a will that
- Directs the distribution of your assets after your death. No matter how few or how many assets you have, you have the right to choose where they go after you pass away.
- Names of legal guardians for your minor children. Only a will can name guardians to care for minor children.
- Specifies an executor to act as your personal representative. Your executor takes responsibility for wrapping up your estate after your passing. This person works with the probate court, protects assets, pays your debts, and distributes what remains to beneficiaries.
- Helps keep the peace within your family. Clearly stating your wishes for the distribution of your estate can prevent legal battles later.
When To Call An Attorney To Help You Create A Will
While you can make a legal will in Las Vegas with an online template, estate, and probate law is complicated and best left to the pros. Even if your assets and family relationships seem simple, the attorneys at Williams Starbuck will help you write a will that covers things you might not have anticipated. We make writing your will easy and will help you create a document that simplifies the probate process for your surviving family members.
You might be surprised to learn there are several kinds of wills and other avenues for protecting your estate. In addition to wills, our probate attorneys can help you with
- Simple Wills
- Living Wills
- Testamentary Trusts
- Bare Trusts
- Discretionary Trusts
- Accumulation and Maintenance Trusts
- Interest in Possession Trusts
- Charitable Trusts
- Purpose Trusts
- Incentive Trusts
Contact Williams Starbuck About Your Will In Las Vegas Today
The attorneys at Williams Starbuck understand the high level of stress and uncertainty that comes with life-changing circumstances. Our attorneys are well-versed in the latest advance directive laws and estate planning practices. You can count on us to guide you through the process and ensure that your family and assets are protected every step of the way! Call us at 702-660-9847 or send us a message for your free consultation today.